9.12 Miscellaneous options
- Print a usage message.
- Read then compile a newline terminated module name or file name from the
standard input. Repeat this until EOF is reached. (This allows a program
or user to interactively compile several modules without the overhead of
process creation for each one.)
- Set the number of type assignments required to generate a warning
about highly ambiguous overloading to n.
- Set the number of type assignments required to generate an error
excessively ambiguous overloading to n.
If this limit is reached,
the typechecker will not process the predicate or function any further.
- Don't try to generate more parallelism than the machine can handle,
which may be specified at runtime or detected automatically.
(see the ‘-P’ option in the ‘MERCURY_OPTIONS’ environment variable.)
- Control the granularity of parallel execution
using the specified distance value.
- Introduce parallel conjunctions where it could be worthwhile (implicit
parallelism) using deep profiling feedback information generated by
mdprof_create_feedback. The profiling feedback file can be specified using the
- Use the specified profiling feedback file
which may currently only be processed for automatic parallelism.