[mercury-users] announced: libtiff foreign interface (caveats)

doug.auclair at logicaltypes.com doug.auclair at logicaltypes.com
Wed Feb 7 06:31:58 AEDT 2007

Dear Julien and Jonathan:

[...]
>>> are guarded by a [Melbourne] Mercury generated mutex, and thus
>>>are perfectly thread safe.

Removed warning from README and source code comments [and I read
the relevant 'Foreign code attribute' section].

>>> In this case, you also use `pragma import'.  A discussion on
>>> mercury-reviews when specifying `pragma foreign_export' came to the
>>> conclusion that `pragma import' was not used, and so the new foreign
>>> language interface is not likely to include support for this.
>pragma foreign_proc.

Changed all 'pragma import' decls to 'pragma foreign_code'; also changed
the header import declaration. Tested new release; it worked fine, so I've
uploaded the new version to my site.

Sincerely,
Doug Auclair